Software Developer - Marketing Technology
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
The successful candidate for Software Developer - Marketing Technology will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the software systems developed and used by Ingrooves Music Group.
This position reports to the Manager, Software Development and/or the VP of Software Development and is based in Victoria, BC.
- Research, design, and propose technical and architectural solutions to development and design problems, offering thorough and balanced evaluations of alternative implementations
- Write high-quality code that satisfies our customer’s needs, striving for simplicity, clarity and testability
- Participate in and solicit code reviews, accepting and offering timely and constructive criticism that helps us prevent defects
- Develop and propose code and processes that help us achieve the goal of continuous delivery of software products
- Assist development teams and individuals adopt shared tools and process improvements
- Implement unit tests for own code
- Implement component, integration, and system tests for own code and for code delivered by the team and by the organization
- Proactively report and fix defects
- Document solutions and processes
- Participate in the Agile Scrum development process
- Follow code quality, unit testing, and documentation standards
- 3 - 5 years experience in development in multiple high-level languages such as Go, Node.js, C#, Java, or Python
- 3 - 5 years experience programming data access for applications
- Experience with object-oriented development
- Experience in cloud development and virtualization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience in both Windows and Linux
- Understanding of Resource-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architectures
- Familiarity with and understanding of architectural and OO design patterns
- Experience with Kafka, Elastic Search, Big Data, and SQL all considered an asset
- High level of understanding of and working experience with the software development lifecycle, Test-Driven-Development, and Agile development practices
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, flexible working environment (with great views, among other perks)!