- 1019 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y9, Canada
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
This is an execution and delivery-oriented, highly visible role in the Insights & Analytics team with primary responsibility for building, testing, and validating scalable machine learning models that drive business-relevant insight generation. This includes the development of project plans, handling of potential issues and risks, collaborating constructively with project team members, providing effective cross-functional communication, and advancing multiple projects at once.
The successful candidate will report directly to the EVP of Insights & Analytics and will be based at the corporate headquarters in Victoria, BC.
- Design, build, and deploy machine learning models at scale
- Collaborate closely with product teams to provide high-level AI-driven services for music content owners
- Integrate with external and internal APIs and data sources to augment music consumption data to uncover shifting market trends, new opportunities, operational efficiencies and revenue streams
- Create data-rich informative visuals and documents to articulate and convey complex concepts to executive leadership team and label partners
- Contribute to and enable a positive work environment which highly encourages creative input and constructive criticism from all team members
- Other duties as determined by the EVP of Insights & Analytics
- Earned graduate degree (Ph.D.) in a highly quantitative discipline (e.g., machine learning, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, theoretical physics, physical chemistry, econometrics)
- Strong record of peer-reviewed scientific publications and/or patents, with at least one publication and/or patent involving the development or application of machine learning algorithms
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience developing machine learning models to deliver robust predictions and inferences
- Demonstrated experience scaling machine learning up to logistically challenging data sets (e.g. leveraging the Hadoop ecosystem, distributed deep model training, etc.)
- Strong software development skills, with demonstrated ability to implement inferential and predictive models. Experience with Python + relevant data science and deep learning libraries preferred
- Experience with AWS (i.e., EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, EMR) or similar cloud computing services
- Excellent communication and exposition skills with the ability to explain and present complex analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad audience, both technical and non-technical, in English
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and deliver within highly collaborative work environments while remaining product-focused
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
What this means: You care about your teammates and clients.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
What this means: You have a strong work ethic.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
What this means: Your teammates care about you.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
What this means: You're efficient and intelligent.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!