Intermediate / Senior Full Stack Engineer
- 1019 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y9, Canada
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
The successful candidate considers themselves a full-stack engineer with the ability to jump in and make a difference anywhere in a stack. They can modify UI components, write a RESTful API, and implement a persistence backend. High-performance scripting, big data manipulation and micro-service architecture are all in your toolbox and you can find your way around infrastructure as code if so required.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production
- Clearly and proactively communicate ideas, process improvements, and issues
- Write, test, document, and review code in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve issues discovered throughout the software release cycle from development to production
- 3 - 5 (Intermediate) / 5+ (Senior) years programming full-stack applications
- Experience with micro-service and cloud infrastructure, as well as related technologies such as Docker
- Solid web development fundamentals (HTTP, DNS, JSON/REST, etc.)
- Solid understanding of system design and architecture patterns (Service-oriented architecture, design by contract, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience programming in multiple languages. You must be open minded and able to pick up new languages/frameworks easily. Experience in any of GoLang, Python, C# is a plus.
- Experience storing, querying, searching, streaming, and manipulating large data sets using both SQL and NoSQL paradigms. Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Self-starting philosophy and a motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- A track record in employing and ensuring industry best practices for software development
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, CI/CD, and Agile development practices
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- A positive attitude and a reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
What this means: You care about your teammates and clients.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
What this means: You have a strong work ethic.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
What this means: Your teammates care about you.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
What this means: You're efficient and intelligent.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!