Front End Developer
- 1019 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y9, Canada
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
You are passionate about User Interface and how it relates to the user's experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You are intimately familiar with established UI/UX best practices. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production
- Create and refine user interface mockups and wireframes with prototypes
- Write, test, document, and review code in multiple codebases and frameworks
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve issues discovered throughout the software release cycle from development to production
Core Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices.
- Experience with source control (git) is required, and having worked with Continuous Integration environments as part of your workflow is a plus.
- A strong and demonstrable portfolio of user interface or UI component concepts. Knowledge of best practices for composing user interfaces, and creativity to find solutions for unique presentation problems
- Experience developing against REST API’s
Supporting Skills and Experience:
- Experience programming with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Some back end development exposure is great to have, such as Python, Go, C#.
- Experience working with Docker is a bonus.
- Experience in IOS and Android UI development is a bonus.
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments.
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
What this means: You care about your teammates and clients.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
What this means: You have a strong work ethic.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
What this means: Your teammates care about you.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
What this means: You're efficient and intelligent.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!