Software Developer Test Automation
- 1019 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y9, Canada
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
The successful candidate considers themselves either a software tester with the ability to program, or a software developer with good testing abilities. They will need to be able to not only successfully create the automated test code, and update the test framework, but also be able to come up with high quality test cases and scenarios which they then implement to ensure that the software is running as expected.
- 3+ years of experience (some combination of testing and/or programming)
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience writing code with Python
- Experience with SQL, and/or NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, and Agile development practices
- Knowledge of various software testing types and techniques
- Experience testing web pages and web services
- A strong analytical nature and the need to figure out why something didn’t work as expected
- Strong communication skills, and willingness to push for quality products
- Quick learner with the desire to learn well beyond what is necessar
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the INgrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
What this means: You care about your teammates and clients.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
What this means: You have a strong work ethic.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
What this means: Your teammates care about you.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
What this means: You're efficient and intelligent.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!