Office Manager/ HR Assistant
- Wharf St, Victoria, BC, ca
Ingrooves Music Group, a leader in the independent music distribution and marketing industry, provides independent labels, established artists and other content owners with the most transparent and scalable distribution tools including analytics, rights management services, and thoughtful marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic global marketplace
What does it take to be successful at Ingrooves?
For making things happen. For a great working environment.
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solutions-oriented, collaborative and leveraging best practices.
The successful candidate will be open minded, personable and enjoys working well with everyone. They build and foster strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to generate strategy, develop strategic planning, and translate into actionable plans with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas and better ways to get things done.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing solutions. Demonstrates eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
The position of Office Manager/HR Assistant is responsible for overall management and maintenance of the Victoria office in addition to providing administrative support to our Engineering, Human Resources, IT, and Executive Teams.
The Office Manager/HR Assistant will be reporting to the Human Resources Dept. This position is based in the Victoria, BC office.
- Create, maintain, and update confidential HR records
- Assist with recruiting efforts for open positions, such as screening candidates, coordinating candidate interviews, managing recruiters if necessary
- Support and assist Human Resources Department as assigned
- Provide employee relations support in a professional and confidential manner
- Manage all aspects of benefits administration (Canada)
- Assist HR Manager with new hire on-boarding and orientation
- Develop, Plan, and coordinate employee events
- Ensure a great company culture
- Liaise with on-site building manager for general office & building maintenance and operations, as needed
- Facilitate monthly ProPASS program
- Coordinate travel for employees
- Reply to email and phone queries
- Set up conference and video calls as required
- Schedule meetings in Outlook and/or Google calendar
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, and courier needs
- Coordinate with accounting department for invoice payments
- Process month-end corporate card expense report
- Maintain inventory, and order office supplies
- Order weekly office snacks
- Order office lunches as necessary
Skills and Experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office suite (word, excel, power point)
- Maintains and exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor and impeccable customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ experience in office management preferred
- Familiarity with current BC Employment Standards and other HR policies is a plus
- Experience with technology/engineering companies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.