Intermediate / Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Wharf St, Victoria, BC, Canada
At INgrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, predisposed to delivering fun and results!
The successful candidate considers themselves a full-stack engineer with the ability to jump in and make a difference anywhere in a stack. They can modify UI components, write a RESTful API, and implement a persistence backend. High-performance scripting, big data manipulation and micro-service architecture are all in your toolbox and you can find your way around infrastructure as code if so required.
- 3 - 5 (Intermediate) / 5+ (Senior) years programming full-stack applications
- Experience with micro-service and cloud infrastructure
- Experience writing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Strong experience with React.js and Node.js
- Experience storing, querying, searching, streaming, and manipulating big data sets
- A positive attitude (non-negotiable!)
- Self-starting philosophy and a motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- A track record in employing and ensuring industry best practices for software development
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, CI, and Agile development practices
- A history of adopting and evangelizing new technologies and motivated to do new and interesting things
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed teamExperience with Java, a bonus
- Familiarity with Docker a plus
- Experience with Python or Go is a bonus
Success at INgrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the INgrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of their internal and external customers, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
What this means: You care about your teammates and clients.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
What this means: You have a strong work ethic.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
What this means: Your teammates care about you.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
What this means: You're efficient and intelligent.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!