Senior Full Stack Developer
- Wharf St, Victoria, BC, Canada
At INgrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, focused on delivering fun and results!
The successful candidate considers themselves a full-stack engineer with a preference for the backend details. They can modify UI components, write a RESTful API, and implement a data backend, but their true love is getting down & dirty in the weeds of big data, high-performance scripts, and micro-service architecture.
- 5+ years programming full-stack applications
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, a necessity
- Experience storing, querying, searching, streaming, and manipulating big data sets
- Experience with micro-service architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Experience writing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience using React.js, Node.js, and/or GoLang a plus
- A positive attitude and a reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- A track record in employing and ensuring industry best practices for software development
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, CI, and Agile development practices
- A history of adopting and evangelizing new technologies and motivated to do new and interesting things
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
Success at INgrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music. We want a candidate that cares about success for the project, and helping others be successful.
The successful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of how do to work best with others, being delivery oriented in facilitating an effective product development process. They build and foster strong relationships and partnerships with cross-functional teams. We want a candidate that cares about working well with others.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability. We want a candidate that has a drive to get things done!
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas. We want a candidate that cares about helping others be better.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change. We want a candidate that is a creative problem-solver who enjoys the challenge of dynamic solutions.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (and great views, among other perks)!