Front End Developer
- Wharf Street, Victoria, BC, ca
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best end-to-end digital asset management platform tools and services to content creators and owners.
Our focus is on promoting quality independent music labels through our network of media store partnerships that include Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube, and Napster.
Our team is solutions-oriented, focused on delivering fun and results!
You are passionate about User Interface and how it relates to the user's experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You are intimately familiar with established UI/UX best practices. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are comfortable working in multiple programming languages. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production
- Create and refine user interface mockups and wireframes with prototypes
- Write, test, document, and review code in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve issues discovered throughout the software release cycle from development to production
Core Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills. Seriously, this is important – lone-wolf types need not apply!
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices. Experience with source control (git or svn) is required, and having worked with Continuous Integration environments as part of your workflow is a plus.
- A strong and demonstrable portfolio of user interface or UI component concepts. Knowledge of best practices for composing user interfaces, and creativity to find solutions for unique presentation problems
- Experience developing against REST API’s, as well as with common database connectors such as Postgres or SQL Server
Supporting Skills and Experience:
- Experience programming with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Python and Go are great to have, and experience in .Net frontends (ASP.Net MVC in particular) is a bonus. Experience working with Docker is a bonus.
- Experience in IOS and Android UI development a plus.
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
Thesuccessful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by beingsolution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing apassion for both technology and music. We want a candidatethat cares about success for the project, and helping others besuccessful.
Thesuccessful candidate will be open minded, with a natural curiosity of how do towork best with others, being delivery oriented in facilitating an effectiveproduct development process. They build and foster strong relationships andpartnerships with cross-functional teams. We want a candidate that caresabout working well with others.
Executing for Results
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><![endif]-->The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate andtranslate strategic plans into actions with timely execution andaccountability. We want a candidate that has a drive to get thingsdone!
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates withintegrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas. Wewant a candidate that cares about helping others be better.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have ademonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates an eagerness and ability tolearn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shiftingdynamics, adversity and/or change. We want a candidate that is a creativeproblem-solver who enjoys the challenge of dynamic solutions.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about developing dynamic solutions in a relaxed and engaged environment. Our people matter! And we have a fun, relaxed working environment (with great views, among other perks)!