- Los Angeles, CA
Join the INgrooves team!
At INgrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artist we work with.
What does it take to be successful at INgrooves?
Success at INgrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the INgrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
The successful candidate will be open minded with a natural curiosity of internal and external customer, delivery oriented with an understanding of the product development process. Builds and fosters strong relationships and effective partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Executing for Results
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to generate and translate strategic plans into actions with timely execution and accountability.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships, operates with integrity, influences and supports others, and remains open to ideas.
The successful candidate will be tenacious and self-motivated and have a demonstrable record of resolving issues and providing effective solutions. Demonstrates eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverages a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
This is an execution and delivery-oriented, highly visible role in the Insights & Analytics team with primary responsibility for building, testing, and validating scalable machine learning models that drive business-relevant insight generation. This includes development of project plans, handling of potential issues and risks, collaborating constructively with project team members, providing effective cross-functional communication, and advancing multiple projects at once.
The successful candidate will report directly to the EVP of Insights & Analytics and will be based at the corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA or in Victoria, BC.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., applied mathematics, computer science, economics, engineering, physics, statistics) – graduate degree with a specialty in machine learning/artificial intelligence preferred
- 1 year of data extraction/transformation (e.g., coding with Python, Scala, Java, and analytics with R, SQL, Pandas, Hadoop, Hive, Spark), and visualization (ROC curves, Qlik, Tableau)
- Knowledge of and practical experience in applying machine learning (decision trees, artificial neural networks, clustering, unsupervised and supervised learning) and developing algorithms and models at scale to solve challenging problems
- Knowledge of the software design and development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Experience in a fast-paced, professional services environment is a decided advantage
- Build machine learning models and design working algorithms from development through testing and validation from a product-centric perspective
- Analyze GB and TB size datasets to surface and communicate actionable, data-driven recommendations and insights
- Integrate with APIs and external data sources to uncover statistically robust music consumption trends
- Create data-rich visuals and documents to articulate and convey complex concepts to executive leadership team and label partners
- Other duties as determined by the EVP of Insights & Analytics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.