Graduates with OPT - Data Science Internship (Fall 2019 - Winter 2020)
- 300 Washington St, Newton, MA 02458, USA
INFUSEmedia is a fully integrated, data-fueled, demand generation engine that offers a host of industry-leading solutions designed to help B2B organizations drive qualified interest. We employ a holistic, omnichannel approach, which empowers us to identify, qualify, and produce actionable engagement. Supported by the latest innovations in digital marketing, we generate leads by strategically promoting content through innovative social, programmatic, mobile, and direct outreach campaigns. For more information, access www.infusemedia.com.
Please note, we are looking for an immediate start with an opportunity to extend. Summer internship applications start in April. This position is for LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY currently residing in Massachusetts. Please note, the internship is unpaid for the first 3 months, after the 3 month-period we are offering a stipend.
Are you interested to be a part of a new startup? INFUSEmedia is now developing a new product and we are looking for full-time interns! Please note, that we are ready and willing to extend an employment offer upon successful completion of the internship! If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV. We are looking for candidates who have already graduated and are ready to dive into the world of data science and product management!
In a nutshell
In this role, you will apply your knowledge to support the exploration, enrichment and even creation of new datasets for research. You will use your knowledge of data blending, statistical analysis, and machine learning methods to help scale and automate the way we analyse, validate and visualise diverse data sources; and you will help build tooling to enable data science initiatives across the company.
- Use data analysis to solve problems for our customers
- Program working prototypes in a modern analytical language (Python strongly preferred)
- Make creative use of public and private datasets to improve our customers' experiences
- Interact with other internal teams on a regular basis, both to sell new ideas and to elicit feedback on old ones
- Identifying task-related processes to improve efficiency
- A strong undergraduate or Masters student in a numerical subject (Machine Learning, NLP, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Practical understanding of SQL
- Experience selecting, developing and refining machine learning models
- Adapting to change in a rapidly changing business environment
- Good understanding of software development
- Basic understanding of data science (machine learning, AI, basic analysis)
- Good understanding of how databases work
- Must be a self-starter eager to learn and contribute. The candidate is expected to assume ownership of the assigned task(s) and execute. The candidate is required to communicate obstacles in a timely manner enabling the team to contribute to a solution
Please note that the next step in the video interview!
INFUSEmedia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.