Sales Account Manager
- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Barricade® Building Products is a leading manufacturer of building materials, made right here in the USA.
WHAT WE DO: With a focus on House Wrap, Structural Sheathing, Roof Underlayment, and Tapes and Flashing, Barricade takes pride in the delivery of superior service, high performance, and timeless innovation.
Coverage Location: OH, IN, MI, KY, WV (Sales area coverage and residing state)
We are seeking to add an experienced Sales Account Manager who will be responsible for seeking new business opportunities that result in increased outside sales revenue. This individual will be responsible for articulating the value of our building envelop products in a solution-based manner, in addition to becoming a true and trusted partner of the customer throughout the full sales cycle. This position consists of making high volume cold calls on a daily basis, the ability to communicate effectively with prospective clients, build a pipeline, and successful client management.
- Proactively search, identify and obtain new business opportunities with new and existing customers. Manage resources as required to accomplish.
- Cold-Calling potential customers and related vendors (architects, builders, contractors, and lumber yards)
- Work with local distributors to build and maintain effective supply chain and selling networks
- Visit construction job sites for learning, development, and relationship building purposes
- Work with R&D and Management teams to identify and design customer-based solutions within our product portfolio
- Ability to utilize market and customer research to build product value propositions specific to the customer and industryg
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Understand, assess, and communicate the technical attributes required of the customer, as well as the company’s ability to meet them
- Ability to complete the sales cycle with complete customer satisfaction
- Identify, address, monitor and resolve issues with current customers regarding product, quality, and service problems
- Ability to utilize market and customer research to build product value propositions specific to the customer and industry
- Be a part of the team by liaising with cross-functional internal teams (including Customer Service, Marketing, and Operations) to improve the entire customer experience
- Performs other work that furthers individual outside sales efforts including, follow up communication via telephone, written materials and email; planning and preparing for outside sales calls using sales tools and databases; consistent use of CRM system to accurately forecast territory bookings, prepare proposals, and provide tours of manufacturing plant and facilities
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Building Products Sales Experience Calling on 2-Step Distributors, Lumber Dealers and Builders
- Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Excellent Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Performance Driven
- Business Knowledge
- Analytical and Financial Skills
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years sales experience, or 2+ years of specific sales experience in building envelope solutions
- Familiarity and understanding of building envelop products and building material solutions
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing
- At least 70% travel required
- Valid driver’s license required
Barricade Building Products (Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.