- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO Plastics, Inc. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components – as well as it’s hallmark Barricade® building products.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
- Work in conjunction with VP of Operations and Plant Manager.
- Direct Building 1 & 3 Maintenance Supervisor & Team Lead.
- Think, work, act and converse in terms of improving safety, quality & productivity.
- Responsible for creating an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Direct daily work assignments of the hourly maintenance techs to maximize maintenance efficiencies and reduce the need for plant and maintenance department overtime.
- Works with Maintenance Supervisor & Team Lead handing all administrative duties associated with the hourly workforce - discipline, vacation approval, performance reviews, shift change approvals, scheduling overtime, etc.
- Involved with writing and editing maintenance department procedures related to: safety, environmental, and equipment maintenance, and PM’s.
- Project Management – Develop project charters, schedules, resource requirements, and work breakdown structures. Leverage resources to compile cost and schedule estimates for projects. Manage project scope from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out. Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution and completion to safety, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with all Environmental Standards. (Air Permit, Hazardous Waste, Storm Water, etc.).
- Act as key member of the 5S and Safety committee.
- Trains maintenance employees to use maintenance management software for work order tracking.
- Holds hourly maintenance techs & Building 1 & 3 Maintenance Supervisor & team Lead accountable for performing safe, effective work.
- Procures parts and tools as needed to support the Maintenance effort.
- Obtains formal quotations on large and small volume items as required.
- Assist with the analysis of breakdowns to determine the proper requirements for parts and supplies that must be ordered.
- Develops and maintains positive vendor relationships.
- Assists in controlling the departmental spending to keep it within the specified budget.
- At least Five years experience leading a maintenance team in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with and Understand Safety requirements under OSHA 19.10 and 19.26
- Excellent task prioritization, communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical and electrical industrial maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of purchasing, PLC systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and overall machine design.
- Understands NFPA 70E and related electrical requirements.
- Able to interact with vendors, customers, contractors and employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven negotiating, interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, work order systems, ERP systems & spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the Paper and or Plastics industry a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.