Customer Service Representative
- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO North America Inc. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components – as well as it's hallmark Barricade® building products.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations, Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
WHAT WE BELIEVE: Our mission is to provide the industry with innovative and high-performance solutions backed by a team of empowered individuals with a strong sense of values.
A dynamic manufacturing team in Doswell, VA is seeking a motivated individual to join our team in the role of Customer Service Representative. Our Customer Service Representative role is a key component to our organization. The ideal team member will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must have strong computer skills and enjoy interacting with our customers. Qualified candidates should have at least 3 years of experience in customer service preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Prepare and distribute customer activity reports, maintain customer database, customer pricing, and provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Follow up daily, weekly, or monthly depending on customer needs and forecast.
- Receive orders by fax, phone, or email.
- Order entry into plant ERP system Microsoft AX.
- Follow up with production & scheduling to ensure order ship date & time and coordinates the tracking of shipments.
- Work directly with Carriers to get POD's.
- Work with Finance to invoice shipments in the AX System.
- Utilize ARIBA or other Customer's Accounts Payable System.
- Other duties as instructed by Customer Service Manager and/or Logistics & Warehouse Manager.
Required Job Qualifications & Competencies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or a related field preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and ERP systems.
- The ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Experienced with order fulfillment in a manufacturing environment a plus, but not necessary.
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including life, medical, dental coverage, and 401(K) matching plan, paid vacation is also part of the overall comprehensive benefits package offered.
Specialty Coating & Laminating, member of INDEVCO North America, is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.