- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO North America. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components – as well as it’s hallmark Barricade® building products.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations, Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
WHAT WE BELIEVE: Our mission is to provide the industry with innovative and high-performance solutions backed by a team of empowered individuals with a strong sense of values.
We are an expanding company hiring for a new position with growth potential. Seeking to add an experienced Production Supervisor for our Doswell, VA facility, to oversee and direct our production team members.
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
- Ensure a safe manufacturing facility for all employees.
- Maintains a secure workplace, responsible for the physical operation of the plant. Assumes the role of “Acting Plant Manager” during the off-shifts and any time the Plant Manager is not on the premises.
- Production Supervisor arrives prior to their scheduled shift to review the production schedule, to review staffing issues, and to touch base with the prior Production Supervisor for continuity (Shift-to-Shift “Tie-In”) and preparation for the communication “huddles” with shift team members.
- Conducts communication “huddles” at the beginning of every shift to review actual performance during the previous 24 hours, review the schedule and assignments, and highlight quality and communication issues.
- Through adherence to the Production Supervisor Daily Checklist, sustains and audits our core disciplines, and holds Associates accountable for compliance with all quality control, productivity, safety, housekeeping, scrap data input, and communication expectations and procedures.
- Establishes a productive tempo on the plant floor by working with a steady and purposeful pace and presence in the plant.
- Assures that Operators in all departments thoroughly review and understand Work Instructions, and verifies that all materials, equipment, and supplies are available before proceeding with a job set-up.
- Drives strict compliance with all Quality Control procedures to first make sure we are making product properly, then to both assure consistency and limit our quality exposure throughout the run.
- Trains, guides, and assists Associates in the successful execution of their roles. Coordinates training of new Associates by assigning a qualified trainer and monitoring the timely completion and documentation of the training program.
- Monitors and enforces the policies for operations associates as laid out in the Employee Handbook. Coordinates all progressive disciplinary procedures with Plant Human Resources.
- Ensures accuracy with daily & weekly audits of payroll records and provides performance evaluations and pay reviews for Associates in a timely and objective manner.
- Supports the company emphasis on teamwork and cooperation to achieve our goals by performing other duties as assigned. Covers time for other Production Supervisors for vacation and sick days.
- Generates improvement ideas and embraces improvement projects to better the business.
- Responsible for creating an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, preferably in the Paper, Plastics and/or food manufacturing industry.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment; demonstrated experience in leading, training, mentoring, and/or developing other team members is required.
- Four-year college degree preferred, but not required.
- Detail-orientation required for completing required paperwork and information system’s inputs with a high degree of accuracy.
- Mechanical aptitude/experience is highly preferred.
- Able to read and understand job tickets and provide verbal direction to successfully complete procedures and required tasks.
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations, and properly using tape measures and micrometers.
- Flexibility in work assignments and priorities is required to address the dynamic needs of our customers and shifts in production requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required, and proven experience with effective teams and continuous improvement methods strongly preferred.
- Familiar with and Understand Safety requirements under OSHA 19.10 and 19.26
- Excellent task prioritization, communication and management skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, work order systems, ERP systems & spreadsheets.
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including life, medical, dental coverage, and 401(K) matching plan, paid vacation is also part of the overall comprehensive benefits package offered.
Specialty Coating & Laminating, member of INDEVCO North America, is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.