Machine Operators Needed
- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO Group. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
Summary: We are seeking to add experienced Machine Operators for our Doswell, VA facility. The function of this role is to safely operate our machinery and producing quality products at all steps in the process.
- Work, act, think and converse in terms of safety, quality, and efficiency while eliminating waste.
- Continuously improve organization processes as an individual, and as a team member, while promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and respect.
- Ensure the production of products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Use the Microsoft AX system to properly log, tag and move cut loads from the raw material area to the finishing goods staging area.
- Complete press make-readies within required time guidelines.
- Review and follow directions on AX work orders.
- Produce cut sheets at the appropriate cutting speeds with superior quality; Perform all necessary quality checks at set intervals.
- Recognize, stop, and resolve any operations that violate approved safety & quality standards.
- Utilize Forklift & Clamp Truck to move raw materials and finished goods.
- Visually monitors machine operation throughout the day.
- Makes machine adjustments and assists with routine preventative maintenance.
- Maintains daily operator logs.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Keeps machine and area around the machine clean and in compliance with 5S standards.
- Cross-training on various other machine centers, e.g. Sheeter & Rewinders.
- Other duties as required
Successful Candidates Will Need the Following Qualifications:
- Knowledge of machinery functions.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- A demonstrated history of learning and applying new information and technology.
- Proficient in communicating in English language (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- Capable of lifting approximately 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including Life, AD&D, Short-term & Long-term Disability, Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, and an industry-leading 401(K) matching plans.
Starting operator pay ranges from $15 - $20 / hr. depending on experience, with time and one-half (1.5) paid for hours worked after 40 hours in a week. Overtime may be required depending on workload including, but not limited, to weekends.
Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.