Material Handler, Shipping & Receiving
- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Headquartered in Doswell, VA, north of Richmond, INDEVCO North America manufacturing plants produce innovative and high-performance protective products: coated and laminated paper, plastic films and packaging, and Barricade® building envelope systems. INDEVCO North America is a member of the multinational INDEVCO Group.
Specialty Coating & Laminating has an immediate opening for a Material Handler. This individual will be required to drive a Clamp truck and a Forklift, helping in both the Shipping & Receiving and Production areas. This role will report to the Shift Supervisor.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Unload material deliveries off carrier trucks and rail cars and stage in designated locations
- Create, issue and record all inventory transactions in company warehouse/inventory management systems and databases accurately and within specified time periods
- Learn and proficiently use company warehouse and inventory management scanners and ERP systems for all warehouse and inventory management transactions
- Count and verify all inbound materials against company purchase orders and supplier/carrier shipping documents
- Communicate with carrier personnel to coordinate and complete loading/unloading with associated shipment paperwork processing
- Communicate with production teams to coordinate material picking, to ensure smooth and accurate flow of materials and parts from the warehouse to the production line
- Perform daily and monthly inventory cycle counts to verify items and quantities in designated locations
- Organize, clean and maintain work areas and follow warehouse housekeeping 6S standards for trash, packing materials, pallets, storage containers, and equipment to keep aisles and walkways clear and neat.
- Complete necessary training and proficiently and safely operate a Clamp Truck, forklift, Electrical Walkie, and other material handling equipment and perform daily safety checklists
Job Dynamics & Interfaces
Internal: INDEVCO North America HR, SCL Production and SCL Shipping and Receiving, Teams
External: Over the road truck drivers, Fed Ex, Amazon, and other deliver service carriers
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Will need to pass a drug test in order to operate equipment
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including life, medical, dental coverage, and 401(K) matching plan, paid vacation is also part of the overall comprehensive benefits package offered.
INDEVCO North America is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.