- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO Group. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
Specialty Coating & Laminating - Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for the day–to-day activities of our manufacturing Plant #2. This includes employee, contractor and visitor safety, product quality, housekeeping & 5S, production efficiencies, machine uptime, waste, and planning and scheduling. This role will serve as a member of the leadership team, reporting to the Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership and guidance in terms of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
· Champion a culture of continuous improvement while cultivating a positive company culture.
· Formulate solutions to minimize downtime and waste, as well as maximizing product quality, employee job satisfaction, and profit margin.
· Coordinate and control updates by distributing new and revised safety, quality & production standards to direct reports.
· Work directly with maintenance by evaluating machinery or tools and creating maintenance work orders. Following up through completion.
· Monitor and control waste to manage production costs and reduce environmental impacts.
· Coordinate and maintain an ongoing, effective safety program to ensure program implementation and a safe environment for employees, contractors and visitors.
· Maintain and foster positive relationships with support functions including finance, engineering, quality assurance, and human resources, to ensure alignment with overall plant operations.
· Establish all shift production to control and monitor labor staffing needs.
· Coach and counsel team members to perform in accordance with INDEVCO culture, values, and standards, working directly with Human Resources on all disciplinary matters.
· Leadership: Leads and motivates, to achieve performance excellence.
· Flexibility: Must be able to adapt to changing demands, processes, and updated information.
· Accountability: Holds self and others responsible for actions and result.
· Growth and Results Oriented: Delivers personal and/or organizational results by successfully influencing others.
· Collaboration: Works effectively with others to complete a task or achieve a common objective.
· Strong computer skills: Must have good working knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & ERP systems.
Education & Experience
· Required: 7 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing industry; 5+ years of related leadership experience in a production facility
· AIB, SQF or BRC food manufacturing a plus.
· Preferred: Mechanical background, Paper or Plastics industry experience, continuous improvement background / Six Sigma certification
· Required: High School diploma or G.E.D.
· Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including life, medical, dental coverage, and 401(K) matching plan, paid vacation is also part of the overall comprehensive benefits package offered.
Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.