- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO Plastics, Inc. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components – as well as it’s hallmark Barricade® building products.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
WHAT WE BELIEVE: Our mission is to provide the industry with innovative and high-performance solutions backed by a team of empowered individuals with a strong sense of values.
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Company: Specialty Coating & Laminating, LLC, a member of INDEVCO Plastics, Inc.
Summary: We are looking for a team member to help manage our facility's maintenance. This role will also ensure and encourage exceptional upkeep of the plant in a safe and efficient manner. In this role, you will be a key player in maximizing plant and equipment productivity.
Training Period: 1st Shift (8:00AM - 4:00PM), Weekdays
Normal Shift: 2nd Shift (4:00PM - 12:00AM), Weekdays
What You'll Do:
- Work, act, think and converse in terms of improving quality and efficiency while eliminating waste in his/her process.
- Ensure that day-to-day operation of machinery is consistent with the policies and procedures that make up the Quality System.
- Ensure the production of products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Proactively perform preventative, routine, and scheduled maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair machines that are not operating or meeting the requirements of the company and customer.
- Recognize, stop, and resolve any operations that violate approved quality and safety standards.
- Ensure machine and production equipment meets all environmental and safety requirements
- Complete administrative tasks; including completion of purchase orders and required tracking forms.
- Assist and support requests from Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager, and Plant Manager, as related to the role.
- Continuously improve organization processes as an individual, and as a team member, while promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and respect.
This role reports to the Plant Engineer/Maintenence Manager role.
This role requires the heavy lifting of motors weighing approximately 40-50 pounds, but not carried more than a few feet. All others motors must be lifted with a proper chain hoist.
- Knowledge of basic machinery functions
- Familiarity with blueprints, schematics, welding, wiring, and basic troubleshooting of equipment
- Good reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
- Understanding and compliance of safety, environmental, and quality policies
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; uses first-hand information for improvement activities.
- Drive for Results -Consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Core Competencies – Interpersonal skills, communication skills (verbal and written), listening skills, attention to detail and accuracy, data collection and ordering, adaptability, stress tolerance, customer service orientation and multi-tasking.
- Learning on the Fly - Learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Functional / Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving - Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer.
Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC, member of INDEVCO Plastics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.