- 10351 Verdon Rd, Doswell, VA 23047, USA
WHO WE ARE: Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. is a member of global packaging leader, INDEVCO Plastics, Inc. Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC. manufactures poly-extrusion and aqueous-coated paper and paperboard products, to include roll wrap protection, heat sealable liners, slip and tier sheets, and composite can components – as well as it’s hallmark Barricade® building products.
WHAT WE DO: Extrusion Coating Aqueous Coating Solid Fiber Laminations Building and Construction Materials: house wrap, roof underlayment, sheathing, flashing, and adhesives
WHAT WE BELIEVE: Our mission is to provide the industry with innovative and high-performance solutions backed by a team of empowered individuals with a strong sense of values.
We are seeking to add experienced Machine Operators for our Doswell, VA facility. The function of this role is to safely operate our machinery, producing quality products at all steps in the process. Starting Hourly Wage: $15-$16/hour
- Work, act, think and converse in terms of improving quality and efficiency while eliminating waste;
- Ensure the production of products and services meet or exceed customer expectations;
- Recognize, stop, and resolve any operations that violate approved quality and safety standards;
- Continuously improve organization processes as an individual, and as a team member, while promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and respect;
- Forklift & Clamp Truck Operations (Will Train);
- Understanding and compliance of safety, environmental, and quality policies;
- Visually monitors machine operation throughout the day;
- Makes machine adjustments and assists with routine preventative maintenance;
- Maintains log sheets;
- Keeps machine and area around the machine clean and in compliance with 5S standards;
- Other duties as required & Cross train on other tasks as required.
Successful Candidates Will Need the Following Qualifications:
- Knowledge of machinery functions;
- Basic computer and math skills;
- A demonstrated history of learning and applying new information and technology;
- Proficient in communicating in English language (both verbal and written);
- Ability to work well in team environment;
- Capable of lifting approximately 50 lbs.;
- Capable of standing for long periods of time
Employees are offered a very competitive benefits package including life, medical, dental coverage, and 401(K) matching plan, paid vacation is also part of the overall comprehensive benefit package offered. Operator pay ranges from $15 - $24 / hr. depending on machine center, with time and one-half (1.5) paid for hours worked after 40 hours in a week. Employees are reviewed on a regular schedule for potential increases. Potential for year-end bonus a plus! Schedule can vary from 8 hr. days to 12 hr. rotating shift. Overtime may be required depending on workload including, but not limited, to weekends.
Specialty Coating and Laminating, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.