- (remote), (remote), (remote), United States
iMerit provides next-generation data annotation services to the world’s most innovative companies while creating positive social and economic change through employment in underprivileged communities. We are a for-profit social enterprise whose 2,000+ employees power transformative AI technologies in machine learning, natural language processing and computer vision. Through data classification and enrichment, our teams train driverless vehicles to understand their environment, help deliver personalized banking information, optimize crop yields and advance cancer cell research. We partner with the world’s most innovative companies in e-commerce, sports, finance, medicine, aerial imagery, virtual reality and autonomous driving.
Our investors include Omidyar Network, Khosla Impact, and the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. We are an agile and fast-paced global startup with growing revenues and hands-on leadership.
iMerit is headquartered in Kolkata, India, with remote teams across the US and Europe, and with delivery centers in India, Bhutan and New Orleans, Louisiana.
**To be considered, please submit your cover letter in the "Message to Hiring Manager" section of the application**
As an iMerit Account Manager you will be a part of a small, yet mighty team of solutions focused individuals, who are tasked with making sure our clients are thriving. Part project manager, problem solver and relationship manager, you will work to establish, retain and grow accounts through close collaboration with clients, Solutions Architects, and our India based Project Delivery team. As the newest team within iMerit you will be integral to building strong and repeatable business processes while being a relentless promoter for improvement and excellence.
In addition to being the primary owner of client health, the Account Manager will ensure fulfillment of the statement(s) of work and in accordance with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established, as well as regular reporting against these KPIs. Working closely with the Delivery Project Manager, the Account Manager will be hands-on within accounts and the projects within them, with a proactive approach to risk management and process improvement.
This is a role for self-directed learners, creative thinkers, and workplace chameleons. You will need to be adaptive, curious and resourceful and enjoy working in new and challenging situations.
- Initiates project setup together with Solutions Architects and Delivery Project Managers as it relates to staffing, reporting, deliverables, and general project tracking.
- Primary point of contact for customer for account level matters (e.g. overall relationship, matters related to business terms including billing, project structure, etc.)
- Designs and implements internal and client facing project related reports and reporting structures.
- Facilitates communications with Delivery PM and/or wider delivery team as warranted for project and/or client wishes.
- Primary conduit between account and any other teams/individuals that need to be brought in (Solution Architect, Sales, Engineering, Finance, etc.)
- Manages maintenance and/or modification of project guidelines as needed. Works with Solutions Architect in the event major modification is required.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews including goal setting for the following quarter.
- Advises client on industry best practices, key learnings, observations about their workflow and opportunities for improvement.
- Works with sales to identify opportunities to increase revenue and/or margins for project and working directly with client to up-sell or cross-sell as the opportunity presents itself.
- Minimum 3 years experience and success working in a customer-facing role.
- Ability to work inter-culturally and in a distributed team.
- Interest in and availability to travel (India + US) (20% travel).
- Self-directed learner and hands-on problem solver.
- Analytical by nature and medium to advanced skills working with data.
- Prior experience in Account Management, Project Management or Customer Success.
- Good at establishing and refining processes at scale.
Ideal Candidate Traits/Experience:
- Experience working for an international company.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience working in/with India.
- Interest in social impact.
- Prior work history with crowd-sourcing/outsourcing/annotation science/vendor management.
- Prior experience working within computer vision or NLP related fields a plus.
- Moderate to advanced Excel knowledge.
- Familiarity working with various data file formats (xls, csv, JSON, xml, jpg, etc).
- Basic knowledge of SQL and other databases
- Plus if based in the San Francisco Bay Area (Remote OK)
- Competitive health benefits
- PTO program and paid holidays
- Casual work environment
- Social impact mission/vision