- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- Ensure you have the right number of competent co-workers in the right place at the right time and securing that they are fully able and available to serve customers and actively help them to buy.
- Ensure the shop is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your store. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You keep an active eye on the competition and take appropriate action when necessary which you communicate to your matrix partner in the Service Office.
- You develop your team and its individual members and ensure you have a succession in place.
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- At least 5 years of experience in a face-paced retail industry with an interest in home furnishing.
- Self-motivated, analytical and good at implementing commercial strategies, and guiding your team to-wards sales maximization.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and actively selling through understanding your customers and their needs.
- A problem solver and decision maker, good at prioritizing and organizing your work and the work of others efficiently in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Strong and effective communicator; multi-tasking is second nature to you in the course of working with co-workers of all levels, both within and outside IKEA.
You are invited to this Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the life at Home Journey with IKEA.
Please apply by 9 November 2021.