IKEA Food Manager
- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food at low prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge.
- To lead and manage IKEA Food to fulfil the purpose of the function by building business and people together.
- To operate IKEA Food in accordance with legislation and are accountable for operating it in accordance with IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- To implement the IKEA HACCP plan to meet and secure store’s requirements and ensure the HACCP routines are known and followed in all daily work.
- To be responsible for implementing the range matrix (global and national) to secure a strong IKEA Food range identity that distinguishes the IKEA store from our competitors on the market.
- To act in accordance with the IKEA Sustainability Direction and to work with the team to take actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management and investments.
- To create awareness of IKEA Food as the most important in-store marketing tool for maximising the IKEA store’s sales potential.
- A passionate leader inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities who strives to continuously develop as a leader.
- Previous management experience from high volume retail or multi-unit food service industry.
- Successful experience of managing a large team and able to organise, plan and prioritise.
- Provide clear direction, experience of creating and implementing action plans, setting budgets and meeting and following up on goals
- Communicates well with others and is able to influence and cooperate with different functions.
- Ability to see how IKEA Food contributes to increasing the overall performance of an IKEA store.
- Willing to work on weekend, public holiday and shift hours.