- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Reporting to the Customer Relations Manager, the Checkout Manager manage and supervise a team of cashiers with the Checkout Team Leaders to provide an easy-buying experience for all customers throughout the complete payment process and ensuring payments transactions are handled in an efficient, reliable and secure manner.
- Manage a team of cashiers including recruitment, performance management, training and development and succession planning of the team.
- Ensure resource planned activities are met and monitoring and managing the flow of customers throughout the checkout to ensure customers’ satisfaction are met.
- Handling professionally all customers’ queries, complaints and perform service recovery if necessary.
- Being knowledgeable around customer shopping experience and analyze customer-related and financial key performance indicators for business and functional improvements.
- Working with external and internal partners and coming up with solutions that support an efficient, safe and secure working environment and shopping experience.
- Ensure balanced operational excellence in daily operations to enhance the easy buying experience in line with Commercial Review requirements.
- You have proven experience of at least 3 years in a leadership role managing a large team of co-workers in a retail environment.
- You are a leader who will share knowledge and experience and creating a strong team spirit.
- You are customer-serviced focus with ability to find solutions for customers and operational issues.
- You are a problem-solver with strong analytical and numerical skills
- You have the energy and drive to deliver and ability to manage stressful situations