Interior Designer (IKEA Bang Yai)
- 109, 199, 199/1-2 Moo6, Rattanathibet Road, Sao thong Hin Sub-District, Bang Yai, Nonthaburi, Thailand
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA brand in the local market as the leader in life at home.
- Use home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
- Actively contribute in the gathering of insights from home visit interviews and translating this knowledge into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
- Contribute to the creation of a Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations and price levels to create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness when planning and implementing all range presentation solutions using global tools and best practices.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to contribute in workshops to generate creative ideas.
- Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, ensure disruption is minimised and stay aware of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors at all times.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing, home furnishing, people’s life at home and the IKEA product range. Provide home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home.
- Driven to exceed goals and a desire to improve ways of working.
- Knowledge in home furnishing and range presentation the IKEA way (layout as a commercial tool, store media, display techniques).
- Understand interior design and trends that influence home furnishing and life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research, e.g. IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital.
- Understand the work method for presenting the IKEA range. IKEA Concept and IKEA Brand objectives. IKEA mechanical sales system.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills. Generate, visualise and present new ideas and work together with others in a team.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situation.
- Have a flexible and hands-on approach to responsibilities as well as the ability to meet set deadlines.
Please apply by 23rd October 2021