Goods Flow Assistant (Receiving)
- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
· To contribute to a great meeting with the customer in all sales channels by ensuring a consistently high availability of our offer, with high quality and at lowest possible total cost.
· Contribute to the highest goods availability for our customers, using the correct and on-time execution of the assigned goods flow working methods.
· Perform effectively the store goods flow operation tasks in the assigned area, using the available systems and tools that support an efficient goods flow process and data integrity.
· Responsible for my own development but using the existing competence development tools and resources provided.
· Work according to the inventory routine, in order to maximize stock accuracy and achieve product availability for the customers.
· Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
· Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements within my area of responsibility, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, visitors, customers, equipment, building and IKEA products.
· Contribute daily to the agreed goals of the action plan, as well as being involved in the goal setting process.
· Contribute to an optimized daily goods flow operation within the assigned goods flow processes by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples.
· Take responsibility in lowering environmental impact and contribute to achieving long-term profitability in a sustainable way.
· Share my knowledge, and support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
· Good personal discipline, meticulous and able to make things happen in a fast-paced retail environment.
· Ability to work during early and late hours of the day.
· Computer literate and able to use technical equipment.
· Ability to prioritise and organise personal work tasks in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
· 25 hours weekly, willing to work on weekends, shift hours and public holidays.
Please apply by DD-MMM-YYYY.