HR Generalist / Assistant HR Manager
- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
You are a strong contributor to the HR department and store management team, provide subject matter expertise, process HR operations matters and ensure that HR strategies are translated into action in the most effective and efficient way; in order to fulfil the purpose of the HR function.
- Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, you contribute to the creation and operational implementation of the local HR action plan.
- You support and guide in the recruitment and introduction process. Responsible for value-driven recruitment strategy in the store to be aligned with overall regional recruitment strategy.
- You use the PEOPLE strategy framework and work towards attracting and retaining people. Create a business and value-driven diversity adapted to the store needs
- You ensure that remuneration practises in the store are competitive within the local market and retail industry; which enables us to attract and retain the right people in our business.
- You ensure that all our work processes follow company guidelines, national legislation and regulations.
- You act as a Business Partner to department managers, advising and support assigned department in all general HR-related matters.
- You ensure staff recruitment costs and salaries costs are in line with set targets as set in the budget.
- You handle employee grievances in an effective and efficient manner so as to reserve good employee relations and industrial harmony.
- You investigate, manage and control all the disciplinary and grievance mechanism, as well as conduct and participate in disciplinary process and prepare recommendation papers for appropriate disciplinary actions.
- You are also responsible to ensure uses of HR data to enable better management of all human resource related processes, payroll accuracy and timely, timekeeping and attendance and staff planning works in a timely and efficient way.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience, retail preferred
- People-oriented; good analytical skills and attention to details
- Good working knowledge of the full spectrum of HR functions and well versed in the local labour legislation
- Partnering the business; good interpersonal skills and to build good working relationship at all levels.
- Understand and buy into company culture and values
- A team player, you enjoy sharing of knowledge and building good working relationships at all levels.
- Leading by example, you have a passion for the home furnishing business and will be able to show commitment to develop the IKEA business by being a change agent and focusing on developing the people.
- Demonstrate and embrace professional integrity at workplace.
- Willing to work shift hours, weekend and public holidays.