Safety & Security Specialist
- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
The Safety and Security Specialist will support the Safety and Security Manager and work closely with various department throughout the organization to:
1. Ensure a safe and secure environment for our customers, co-workers and visitors
2. Strengthen the IKEA brand and protect our assets.
3. Maintain an overall risk aware and control culture
4. Maintain compliance with internal IKEA and external legal demands.
- Conduct compliance checks and reviews on health, safety and security standards in the unit, document them and ensure that actions are implemented and followed up by the responsible.
- Accountable for investigation of internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines as necessary.
- To work with Logistics function and carry out investigation on inventory loss. This should be done with analysis of yearly loss prevention report.
- Work closely and align with local authorities on the safety element.
- Conduct safety related training for internal and external co-workers and contractors.
- Investigate internal and external accidents occurred, find the root cause and present findings, solutions and safety SOP to prevent the same accidents happened.
- Working together with relevant stakeholder to ensure a safe and secure environment through trainings, audits, inspections and standards and national/local legal demands.
- Meet IKEAs intended level of Safety and Security by achieving positive results during Sec Check and insurance inspections.
- Knowledge on the following areas such as investigations, administrations, auditing/controlling, technical security systems, fire codes, building codes, local criminal/civil laws, insurance and emergency respond handling.
- Open and passion to learn new knowledge and skills while able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience on Risk assessment and HIRARC.
- EHS officer/Safety officer in manufacturing/retail industry and member of OSHA are an added credit.
You are invited to this Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the life at Home Journey with IKEA.
Please apply by 31 October 2021.