Deputy Sales Manager
- 752, Persiaran Cassia Barat 8, Bandar Cassia, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- You lead and inspire your team to optimise the shopping experience to secure satisfied customers and increased sales and profitability in your store.
- In your strategies and actions, you always consider and steer the business in a multichannel retail environment, particularly the IKEA Store and IKEA website.
- Ensure your shopkeepers have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run their shops successfully and ensure their co-workers are ready and available to serve customers and help them buy.
- Deliver and lead the commercial action plan for your store; taking input from the team and the matrix manager to ensure the department supports the achievement of the agreed goals for the country, maximises sales and generates sustained long-term profitability.
- Ensure your shopkeepers understand the multichannel retail environment they are working in and know how to use this in the best and most commercial way for different customers.
- Analyse the qualitative performance of your store using IKEA research tools to improve the IKEA mechanical sales system and easy buying process through all channels.
- Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure your store is locally relevant throughout the different sales channels.
- Follow up your financial goals, KPIs and costs, and take action on deviations. Motivate and develop team members by agreeing clear goals, expectations and conducting follow-ups.
- Identify and develop the many talents within the department to secure succession planning.
- Take responsibility for a number of key processes in the store to drive operational excellence and strong results Forecasting, Sales Location Management or Sales Steering through business analysis.
- You understanding how to create business in the IKEA multichannel retail environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- You have a proven record of strong and successful leadership. Skilled in creating a high commercial performance.
- You understand and actively use all IKEA manuals; build your competence based on the manuals Selling the IKEA way and Pricing the IKEA way.
- You understand the business plan process in the store, set budgets, implement action plans and follow up goals.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- You understand the local market and competition and what this means for pricing and aware of your Primary market Area.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus with good analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating strong leadership capabilities.
Please apply by 20-JUN-2021