IKEA Tampines - Check-Out Cashier (Full-Time)
- 60 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528764
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Reporting to the Check Out Team Leaders and Manager you will support the check out operations at IKEA Tampines to ensure customers have a seamless and smooth check out process in line with our Vision of "Creating a Better Every Day Life for the many people".
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers at cashier counter and self serve counters
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Replenishment of IKEA shopping bags / receipts rolls at counters
- Handle customers' enquiries, complaints and and provide relevant information
- Support in department audit check, functional review, SOP & policies
- You have at least 2 years of cashier experience in a huge retail or supermarket store
- You are committed and motivated team player who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- You are meticulous and task oriented individual who is able to multi-tasked
- You are customer serviced oriented with a warm and engaging personality
- You are a problem solver who display leadership capabilities
- You have PC knowledge and good with paper work
- You are able to work 5 days per week inclusive of both weekends and PH during store operating hours
Please apply by 15 May 2021