Goods Flow Co-worker (work 25 hours per week)
- 752 Persiaran Cassia Barat 8, Bandar Cassia, Penang, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
To take responsibility as part of the goods flow team for the completion of the replenishment process in the most efficient, commercial and safe way possible before the store opens. In addition, secure the goods flow operations necessary for preparing/picking orders for customers.
- Contribute to the highest goods availability for customers by the correct and on-time execution of the store goods flow tasks.
- Contribute to the agreed goals of the action plan in the daily work.
- Perform effectively the store goods flow operation and administrative tasks that support an efficient goods flow process. Work according to inventory and administrative guidelines to maintain the data integrity of the inventory in order to maximise product availability for customers.
- Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, customers, equipment and building.
- Contribute to optimised goods flow operations in the store by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples. Be available to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
- Ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties to make the most efficient use of time available. A flexible approach/open to change. Good personal discipline and attention to detail.
- Confident in approaching and talking to people and demonstrating a friendly manner when approached by colleagues.
- Ability to work during early and late hours of the day.
- Experience in replenishment, forklift driving and/or reach truck driving.
Please apply by 03-May-2021