Communication & Interior Design Manager
- 752, Persiaran Cassia Barat 8, Bandar Cassia, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
To lead, develop and inspire the Communication & Interior Design team and other functions in the store in increasing the home furnishing interest of the many people and creating
demand for home furnishing solutions and know how in the local market. Accountable for the store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA brand as the leader in life at home.
- Lead and inspire the store Com&In team to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Partner with the store manager to stimulate and increase interest in home furnishing for all co-workers in the store.
- Be the creative leader by initiating and facilitating workshops to generate creative directions.
- Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- Lead the store Com&In team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
- Contribute with knowledge of people's life at home and consumer shopping behaviour in the creation and implementation of the store business plan.
- Based on the national competence development plan, identify current and future business needs in order to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and passionate store Com&In team.
- Lead and challenge the Com&In team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short- and long term.
- Extensive experience of working in a design-orientated role (interior design, graphic design, visual merchandising and/or store planning).
- Possess a design-based education.
- Experienced in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes in a changing environment.
- Experienced in visually expressing the brand identity of a company.
- Visual competence, including a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrate clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
- Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English Experience of problem solving.
- Retail and home furnishing experience.
- Experience gained as a management team member and leading leaders/managers.
- Experience of working as a creative leader/manager in a retail environment.
- Understand life at home in the local market.
Please apply by 23-APR-2021