Sales Leader, IKEA Thailand
- 38 Moo 6 Bangna Trad (Km 8), Bangplee, Samutprakarn, Thailand
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
We are looking for an inspiring, business-minded and commercial retail sales professional who can support us in securing the IKEA brand and our overall vision of “creating a better everyday life for the many people”.
- You ensure that your range meets the local laws and standards and is selected and priced every year to optimize sales and profitability and drive our long-term goal of being First Choice for Home Furnishings in Thailand market.
- You are responsible for achieving the sales and gross margin performance targets of your home furnishing businesses. You are also responsible for competitiveness of your home furnishing businesses and securing that we have the lowest price on the local market.
- You will be based in Bangkok, and form part of the Service Office Selling team. You will be the working very closely together to secure the best possible sales result for the country.
- You have at least 5 years of retail sales and/or Big Box operations experience with a strong brand, and have highly developed knowledge in merchandising, sales steering, range selection, pricing and yield simulation. A good sense of the retail and competitive landscape in Thailand is necessary.
- You have high energy, a passion for home furnishings and a love for selling. You are analytical, customer-focused, self-motivated, results-oriented, have a flair for engaging people at all levels and influencing outcomes. Strategic planning and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment is a norm for you. You are a team player and are not afraid of doing other tasks in the sales department.
- As a matrix manager responsible for your business area in the IKEA stores, we expect you to embody company values and to lead by example. You influence, develop and energise the shopkeepers and will actively engage them in securing their competence development and their department’s sales growth.
Please apply by 18 April 2021.