IKEA Cheras - Shopkeeper
- 2a, Jalan Cochrane, Maluri, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
• To develop sales in an efficient and effective way in all media in order to attract more customers to our IKEA store.
• To lead and inspire your team, other functions and the store to achieve maximum sales growth and profit-ability.
• Contribute to the business development regionally using your specialist sales knowledge.
• Ensure the store is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
• Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
• Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
• Take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your store.
• You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
• You ensure the team have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to ensure your co-workers are ready and available to meet our customers.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced retail industry and in a commercial environment
- You have an interest in home furnishing and people's everyday life at home
- You are self-motivated, analytical and good at implementing commercial strategies, and guiding your team towards sales maximization
- You have a proven ability to work as part of a team and actively selling through understanding your customers and their needs
- You are a problem solver and a decision maker, good at prioritizing and organizing your work and the work of others efficiently in a fast-paced retail environment
- You are a strong and effective communicator; multi-tasking is second nature to you in the course of working with co-workers of all levels, both within and outside IKEA
- You have strong leadership capabilities and able to guide, coach and lead a team of co-workers to excel at their position
Please apply by 22-APR-2021.