- 33, Jln Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA brand in the local market as the leader in life at home.
- Use home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
- Actively contribute in the gathering of insights from home visit interviews and translating this knowledge into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness when planning and implementing all range presentation solutions using global tools and best practices.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to contribute in workshops to generate creative ideas.
- Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the team and other functions.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, ensure disruption is minimised and stay aware of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors at all times.
- Have 3 years of work experience in interior design with an education in interior design major.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCad).
- Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics and ability to generate new ideas and concepts.
- A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home.
- Able to draw, visualise, present ideas, able to work in a fast retail and goal-based environment.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Good attention to detail. Practical hands-on approach to work.
Please apply by 15 April 2021.