IKEA Tampines - Goods Flow Assistant Manager
- 60 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528764
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Goods Flow Manager, you play a pivotal role in supporting the team to ensure availability of products in the store for our customers through securing a robust replenishment process. Leading a diverse team, you will coach and work alongside Goods Flow coworkers, cooperating with partners in Sales and Com&In, and working with the Sales and Supply Support team to maximize our store's logistics performance.
- Influence and lead the goods flow co-workers to secure the highest goods availability and efficiency of replenishment at all times at the lowest possible cost
- Secure correct usage of short-term capacity of the store in order to maximize efficient logistics operations by considering space, equipment and people
- Contribute with relevant goods flow input and feedback to the store business plan and logistics action plan and ensure that these actions are implemented in the inbound and outbound goods flow processes
- Identify, recruit, retain and develop the many talents in the goods flow team to secure a diverse, competent team that can execute its assigned responsibilities with confidence and secure the future succession
- Share knowledge of effective and efficient goods flow operations with colleagues and business partners to support their understanding of the principles of health and safety in goods flow processes
- At least 6 years of experience in operations or managerial position
- A passion for logistics and working in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment
- Ability to work through others, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback
- Ability to set and implement action plans, providing clear direction and following up goals
- Ability to work according to the needs of the business across rotating shifts (AM, PM and Midnight shifts), weekends and public holidays
Application closed on 29 January 2021.