- Jalan Cochrane, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
My areas of responsibility is the IKEA Restaurant sales areas, guest areas (including the co-worker restaurant), dish washing facility and IKEA Cafés (where applicable). I work together with my team and other colleagues in the IKEA Food management team from where I lead and manage my area to fulfil the purpose of our function by building business and people together. I strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again.
- To lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Empower and encourage team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- Together with colleagues and manager contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for the store using the store business plan and country business plan.
- Work to maximise commerciality in order to grow sales as well as the conversion rate and average cheque. By doing this increase profitability according to the goals.
- Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow.
- Take an active role in the IKEA Food management team and work cross-functionally utilizing the competence of colleagues in other parts of the store as well as other IKEA stores in country.
- Develop and share good ideas and implement best-practice solutions.
- You are sales driven and service minded with experience of serving customers. You passion for food makes you take pride in the service and product you serve.
- You have experience from and enjoy working in a vibrant retail environment. You are flexible and know how to execute action plans in a good way, you truly make things happen.
- The IKEA leadership approach inspires you and to lead by example is important to you.
- You will have daily opportunities to take own initiatives, learn and grow and you want to develop further with IKEA.
- You have 4-5 years working experience managing people.
Please apply by 28 October 2020.