Customer Relations Officer (Part time)
- 33, Jalan Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
·To ensure a positive and joyful shopping experience for all IKEA visitors and customers. This includes in particular:
· Ensure the department is fast and efficient for our customers, and cost-effective for the IKEA store.
· Ensure that customers’ issues are handled efficiently and with empathy.
· Actively working towards fulfilling the four tasks of the store.
· I am helpful and friendly in my approach to my customers, always aiming for a win-win situation and for
· I record information accurately in the relevant systems so that we can use the resulting analysis to make
improvements to our customers’ future shopping experiences.
· I know the Customer Relations action plan and support the goals and targets given to me by my manager
to ensure the effective execution of our action plan.
· I know our daily and weekly service targets and this drives me to improve our service delivery.
· Develops a strong knowledge of the delivery and assembly facilities and provide/promote to customer.
· I optimise the relationship with our customers in order to drive sales growth and sustained long-term
· I am empowered to solve customer complaints within my level of authorisation. I recognise when I need
to escalate an issue and then pass on the relevant information to a manager for him/her to be able to
deal effectively with the customer.
· Understanding the IKEA Concept, global solutions, tools and working methods and ensuring I use the
appropriate manuals from Inter IKEA Systems to help me optimise our customers’ shopping experience.
· I ensure safety guidelines are met within the Customer Relations area.
· I am able to support the front counter in E&R, Home Delivery and Merchandise & Pick Up area when required.
- Possesses work experience in customer handling.
- A good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Emotional resilience and possesses ability to handle conflict. Assertive and able to remain calm and controlled when faced with emotional customers under stressful times;
- Independent, able to use and take personal initiatives to make considered decisions.
- Able to multitask and enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented retail environment;
- Be passionate about customers and act to ensure a positive shopping experience;
- 15 or 25 Hours weekly, willing to work on weekends, shift hours and Public holidays.