Web Merchandiser, IKEA Thailand
- 38 Moo 6 Bangna-Trad (Km8), Bangplee, Samutprakarn, Thailand
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- Merchandise the IKEA website in the most optimal way.
- Ensure that website visitors can search, find, choose and buy in an optimal way.
- Ensure the commercial calendar and promotion activities are properly supported from an E-Comm perspective.
- Optimise presentation and the sorting and filtering of online products to maximise all sales opportunities by being the product range specialist. Present the product range online in a commercial way to encourage customers to buy more by making it easier for them to find the right products and solutions.
- Take ownership, know and work actively with the online product range, monitor performance and continually develop range frame options to ensure sales and profit opportunities are maximised.
- Secure that the agreed product range is visible and buyable on the IKEA website within the agreed lead-time and cost frames. Administer product change dates in an accurate and timely manner.
- Know the IKEA priorities, the IKEA product range, the national market / competition and understand and monitor national market demographics, the economy, competitors, different consumer’s life at home and shopping behaviours. Seek feedback from the online customers.
- Give feedback to the team, service office and global matrix on how to improve the online shopping experience.
- Co-ordinate the creation and delivery of all weekly, monthly and bi-monthly reporting, specifically providing insight and analysis across E-Commerce metrics package and benchmarking with other E-Commerce operations.
- Through your everyday work you contribute to a people and planet positive business, social connection and environmental impact.
- Insight and knowledge of the IKEA product range and sales steering methods, IKEA Brand, culture and values.
- Knowledge of E-Commerce and web merchandising methods.
- Knowledge of online marketing tools and an ability to follow up and analyse online sales on detailed level.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Strategic, tactical and operational thinking.
- An interest in home furnishing and the ability to identify with the value of IKEA products
- Commercially driven and capable of contributing to the unit with commercial expertise as well as converting sales and marketing ideas into action plans
Please apply by 30 September 2020