In-store Logistics Manager
- 33, Jalan Harmonium, Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
- Lead and inspire the store Logistics team to secure goods availability, efficient low-cost goods flow processes and logistics competence in the store.
- Accountable for overall availability, quality of logistics and service operations, follow up of performance and costs of logistics operations. Be an active partner in the store commercial and business planning process.
- Lead the store Logistics department and work with the country Logistics team as well as the store commercial team to secure the highest goods availability for customers at all times at the lowest possible cost.
- Analyze and act on the results of the IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital report, VOICE index and commercial reviews.
- Actively participate in the management process to create the store business plan using global and country input to develop and follow up on all logistics actions that support the country business plan and direction.
- Ensure all relevant country strategies and priorities are aligned in the store business and action plan. Secure the quality of products, merchandising and customer shopping experience in the store.
- Secure development and correct usage of long-term logistics capacity in the store according to range frame. This includes space, equipment and people as a part of the total supply chain capacity.
- Identify, recruit and develop the many talents in the store, specifically in the Logistics department, to secure succession planning.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store, specifically in the Logistics department.
- Ensure that the store Logistics department works in compliance with the IKEA Code of Conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security and the environment.
- Monitor the Logistics department's performance in order to take relevant actions to achieve the goals for growth, budget and performance in the store business plan and logistics action plan.
- Position IKEA retailers and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners committed to lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute towards achieving sustainable long-term profitability.
- Understand budget, cost and key performance measurements used to plan, follow up and steer the business.
- Understand sales steering and how to optimize store capacity and secure availability.
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A proven record of successful leadership.
- Interested in home furnishing, people's life at home, and the IKEA product range.
- A passion for developing people and talent.
- A passion for logistics and working in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment.
- Ability to lead based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
- Ability to manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
- Ability to create and translate a tactical plan into operational performance.
Please apply by 29 February 2020.