Business Developer, Transportation & Services
- Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Responsible for steering, coordinating, purchasing and development of transportation and service business and its providers in Vietnam. Support the service business (home delivery, assembly, installation), as well as parcel delivery operations in the different markets in SEA.
- Responsible for the service business, including sourcing projects and initiatives in Vietnam and SEA region.
- Bring knowledge of the transport markets in SEA and use this knowledge to support purchasing and business development activities.
- Understand the customers’ needs when it comes to services in the different countries, and work towards a transportation set up to accommodate these needs.
- Commercial responsibility for negotiating and implementation of all service business contracts.
- Implementation of transportation and service networks
- Analyse and monitor market opportunities, sustainable solutions, developments, competitors and trends.
- Manage and develop the relationship with existing providers and establish and continuously develop relationships with potential suppliers.
- Secure compliance with global directions, sourcing process, global contract package and proficiency in the procurement/tender processes.
- Follow-up and drive improvements in service quality and performance of all contracted service providers over time.
- Experience in transportation & service sourcing in Vietnam
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of logistics operations and processes.
- Experience of meeting and interacting with external partners.
- Project management.
- Interest in “developing new ways of working”.
- Knowledge about IT Transportation and planning systems, related to transport and services.
- Good presentation and communication skills – fluent in English and Vietnamese.
Please apply by 13 February 2020