Purchaser, IKEA Malaysia
- 2, Jalan PJU 7/2, Pelangi Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
You will secure the best buy for IKEA SEAMEX. You will actively improve and develop the business as well as to lead and follow the purchase concept. An important part of your role is to build trustful relations with stakeholders and users to achieve the best solutions. Together with the stakeholders you will ensure the compliance of agreements. You will secure the Code of Conduct, sustainability and business ethics standards. It is also important that you contribute and exchange experiences with other purchasers within the organization.
You have a university degree in engineering or business administration/economics and experience in business development and/or sourcing. You have a minimum of 4 years of sourcing experience. We appreciate that you demonstrate integrity, honesty and reliability in interpersonal relations coupled with a business mind-set with a strong drive and openness to change.
- Excellent analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage many things simultaneously and easily shift perspective from detailed to high level
- Result oriented with desire and motivation to improve our business and look for better solutions
- Strong power of initiative and dare to challenge others
- Open to ideas, feedback and knowledge sharing with others
- Knowledge and experience of how to cooperate and work with people in an international environment
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer knowledge in MS Excel, PowerPoint and online tools
Please apply by 16 October 2019