Customer Contact Center Manager
- Av. Paseo de las Palmas, Lomas de Chapultepec, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
Lead and inspire the CCC team to support and contribute to a positive shopping experience for our customers, encouraging them to revisit our stores often over time, whilst running an efficient, cost-effective contact centre operations. I do this by:
- having well-informed, customer-focused and knowledgeable co-workers
- creating an environment which reflects our IKEA values
- using my knowledge of the IKEA Concept and how we operate in our country
- understanding contact centre practice and technology
- learning from our customers’ feedback and using these insights to ensure we continually improve our meeting with the customers
In order to create a positive home-to-home shopping experience for all our customers.
- My priority is to work with my team to ensure our service level agreements are met at all times and ensure that co-workers are ready and available to help customers via the different communication channels.
- I work with my team to create and encourage a customer-focused culture throughout the contact centre to ensure IKEA is our customers’ first choice for home furnishings.
- I analyse feedback from our customers to identify the root causes of issues, which affect our levels of service. I work with my team, stores and other functions to identify ways of improving our customers’ shopping experience in the future, preventing the risk of similar issues occurring.
- I continuously follow up on the experiences of my customers who use our contact centre and utilise the findings to make improvements to the quality and speed of our level of service.
- I continuously monitor the different channels through which our customers communicate with us and ensure we are always accessible to them by making sure that all self-service options for our customers are maximised in all customer contact channels
I lead and manage my team and work with my team to optimise the relationship with our customers in order to drive sales growth and sustained, long-term profitability. I do this by:
- working with the country commercial calendar, planning staffing levels to ensure service levels are maintained throughout the sales activity periods.
- working with the Country marketing function to maximise the potential of the contact centre in communicating campaigns and messages to our customers.
- knowing about and implementing contact centre best practices.
- Secure a balanced approach between the needs of our customers versus the cost implications for the business.
- ensuring my managers have clear expectations and standards within their teams regarding service level agreements and customer call times and regularly following up to maintain/ improve on customer expectations of service levels.
- Give regular updates to store managers on feedback from their customers based on the service levels and KPIs that the contact centre receives per store.
- I develop a contact centre action plan, by using insights from our customer feedback, taking input from my manager, my matrix and my team, aligned with the regional customer relations action plan. I deliver this by:
- clearly communicating the agreed plan to my team.
- coaching my managers to create individual actions plans for their areas of responsibility.
- agreeing goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- following up the plans and communicating progress to my team.
- I provide an inspiring and motivating direction for my team and engage them fully in the tasks of becoming leaders in Life at Home and generating sales growth.
- I work with my managers to ensure we have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run the operations successfully and inform co-workers of their work schedule in advance.
- I am committed to the development of my team and together we develop individual personal development plans which reflect business and personal development needs. I support the team in achieving these plans.
- I create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with my team and other colleagues.
- I set clear goals and expectations and make time to follow them up with my team.
- I reward good performance and take action to improve poor performance.
- I work with my regional customer relations manager, store customer relations managers and regional contact centre manager to share ideas for improving service to our customers.
- I set and agree with my manager budgets and service levels for my contact centre.
- I constantly monitor our performance against agreed goals by adapting and taking action when required.
- I ensure all contact centre initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability, always considering the impact on customer satisfaction.
- I give regular updates to the store customer relations managers on the feedback from their customers in order for them to take action in areas where they can improve.
I deliver on my agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by:
- commercially driving service levels through my short-term and long-term action plans.
- analysing my KPIs and working with my team to create meaningful actions to achieve my agreed goals.
- controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging my team and my colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
- Proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions
- Problem-solving experience
- Experience of working in a customer contact centre at a senior level or as a senior manager within the IKEA organisation, with responsibility for a large team
- Experience of managing a stand-alone unit
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets and following up goals
- Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through their actions
- Ability to prioritise and organise my work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- A passion for getting the best for the customer
- Experience of resolving customer complaints, resolving conflict and creating a win-win outcome
- Ability to set expectations and provide clear direction – goal setting
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English and Spanish
- Good knowledge of how to support IKEA customers before, during and after they have made purchases, and how the Customer Contact Centre acts as the main support channel.
- Solid knowledge of the Customer Support/Contact Centre business.
- Experience of the easy buying process.
- Deep knowledge of budget responsibility and a thorough understanding of profit and loss and the key performance indicators used within IKEA organisations to plan, follow up and steer the business.
- Proven record of successful leadership in a people-centric organisation.
- IKEA Brand, IKEA culture and values.
- Market research and customer insights, including sources.
- Relevant processes, tools and working methods for the role.
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be a part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.