Interior Design Specialist
- TIENDA IKEA OCEANIA - Moctezuma 2da Secc. Venustiano Carranza, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
IKEA's vision is to create a better everyday life for the majority of people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home products at such low prices that as many people as possible have access to them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the leader in life at home.
- Use home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in the store that reflect the IKEA identity.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness when planning and implementing all range presentation solutions using global tools and best practices.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to contribute in workshops to generate creative ideas.
- Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the retail design team and other functions.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with retail design team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Actively contribute for gathering and translating insights from home visit interviews and local market researches into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, ensure disruption is minimised and stay aware of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors at all times.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives
- The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
- A passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing, home furnishing, people’s life at home.
- Provide home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Constantly growing knowledge, capabilities, motivation and developing personal competence
- Driven to exceed goals and a desire to improve ways of working.
- Knowledge of home furnishings in the local market.
- Range presentation in retail.
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research.
- Understand interior design and trends that influence home furnishing.
- Commercial lighting.
- Education or experience in interior design or architecture.
- Ability to visually, sketch and verbally present an idea or solution.
- Confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Basic communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software. AutoCAD (mandatory), Revit (preferred), Sketch-up(preferred), Ms office (preferred) etc.
This position is based in Mexico City (Oceanía) and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.