- Av. Paseo de las Palmas, Lomas de Chapultepec, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The purpose of the job is to achieve maximum sales growth and profitability in the online channel. This is done by: contributing actively to attract and convert more consumers to customers and encourage existing customers to shop more frequently by using and developing home furnishing competence, commercial and communication skills and knowledge of the IKEA Concept.
- Secure the growth, profitability and continuity of E-Commerce in the region by setting and achieving goals and creating commercial plans to achieve leading top-and bottom-line results.
- Seek and identify business opportunities that will grow sales and improve gross profit by analysing market trends and benchmarking with other E-Commerce operations.
- Know the global IKEA priorities, the IKEA product range, the national market and competition, and work to support commercial activities, which will convert more visitors to customers and generate repeat visits.
- Drive sales growth by being aware of the top sellers and supporting the product range renewal process. Maximize the commercial opportunities through the effective use of all media. Secure online campaigns.
- Ownership for the CD range management and administration, and working together with Distribution and Service Office colleagues to ensure the management of product range change.
- Secure that the agreed product range is visible and buyable on the IKEA website within the agreed lead-time and cost frames. Further ensure that the best possible range mix is offered at all times and that sales steering is conducted in an effective way to secure high gross profit, sales income and vitality.
- Define, develop and implement attractive service offers that meet the customer’s complete shopping needs. Analyse all aspects of the multi-channel performance and customer feedback and use this information to improve the IKEA offer to customers.
- Be proactive in developing scenario plans. Ensure that these are well documented, realistic and communicated.
- Through your everyday work you contribute to a people and planet positive business, social connection and environmental impact.
- Knowledge of E-Commerce and web merchandising methods.
- Knowledge of online marketing tools and an ability to follow up and analyze online sales (source codes, campaign codes, basket analysis, aov, etc.).
- IKEA Brand, culture and values.
- Sound knowledge of IKEA business plans and strategies.
- Retail knowledge and store operation experience
- Computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good English, spoken and written.
- Experience of keeping up to date with competitor information and market trends.
- Ability to clearly demonstrate financial awareness and think of terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Insight and knowledge of the IKEA product range and sales steering methods (3 Aces and 1 King etc.).
- Commercially driven and capable of contributing to the unit with commercial expertise as well as converting sales and marketing ideas into action plans.
- Good communication and negotiation skills. Structured and accurate.
- Capable of conducting an analysis on a detailed level.
- Understand what the IKEA Brand stands for, and how the IKEA values are a reflection of my own values.
- Be passionate about doing the best for customers in order to grow the long-term profitability of the IKEA business.
- Leading business and people together. Strategic, tactical and operational thinking.
- An interest in home furnishing and the ability to identify with the value of IKEA products.
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.