Store Business Analyst
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The Business Analyst is responsible to navigate the growth of IKEA and steer the business towards sustained long-term profitability, including securing financial business performance and compliance with policies and standards.
Support the BN manager(finance) in the business plan, budget and forecast process by translating the store’s strategy and goals in Profit&Loss (P&L) scenarios using financial analysis and benchmarking.
Lead the store’s monthly financial reporting together with the SO accounting team by timely, efficient, accurate and compliant invoice management. This responsibility involves tasks such as:
- Monitoring in Navision the consistency of sales and expense postings and accounts/cash reconciliation.
- Ensuring at all times correct group accounting principles and regulations are applied.
- Monitor the store budget, through close follow-up of the P&L and provide regular updates to store management on the store financial position and recommend improvement measures in case of deviations and potentials, always working closely with the different business areas.
- Provide relevant and user-friendly business information on the store’s performance KPIs by training users how to use and interpret standard reports, securing correct and clear communication of daily sales figures, analyzing trends or deviations where insight is needed
- Supporting the sales team in converting performance insight into actions towards maximizing business opportunities in the most efficient and effective way. Setting the daily sales estimates together with the commercial activities shopkeeper and the BNOM, using deep understanding of the different GM lines to consult on gross profit steering, informing on gaps vs. the sales plan and recommending actions to correct underperformance or to tap into commercial opportunities.
- Completion of travel expenses, correct incident management and the coordination on common store purchases (e.g. general office supplies)
- Implementing financial and commercial audit requirements by internal/external auditors.
- Requesting and comparing supplier quotations, by periodic reviews on contract management, by administering purchase tool user management and by supervising that purchases are compliant to procurement principles and IWAY standards.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position
- Degree in Business/Finance or related
- Good overview of customer experience processes
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills
- Result oriented
- Curious and willing to broaden its scope of responsibilities
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to influence
- Flexible approach to work and open to change
- Being able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Interesting in understanding the insights of reports and facts in order to propose actions for improving
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply via IKEA smartrecruiters sending your resume in English: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico latest by February 21, 2020.