Recovery and Quality Manager
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The Recovery & Quality Manager contribute to the success of the IKEA business through efficient and effective operations with focus on preventing costs and optimizing revenue on products that cannot be sold through our normal pipeline. This work is carried out with the possible environmental impact in mind and always takes customer’s quality perception on our range into consideration. The function also ensures that any feedback on quality issues from a retail and customer point of view is taken into the product quality deviation pipeline.
- Ensure the Recovery is always a safe and secure environment for visitors and co-workers and that our property is safeguarded, and be conscious of safety in our store.
- Drive co-operation across functions and focus on damages, sales error and quality problems thereby preventing costs to occur in the first place.
- Utilise the right methods for optimising the revenue from products that would otherwise not be possible to sell.
- Contribute to the IKEA sustainability goals by giving products a second chance, or through sustainable divestment of products where this is not possible.
- Use my knowledge of both the product and how the IKEA organisation works, to offer informed solutions that ensure customers leave the store with a positive impression.
- Work actively to create quality awareness in the store – communicate corrective actions, Q-news and other relevant information concerning product quality issues and cost of poor product quality.
- Provide feedback to all quality reports raised by co-workers and communicate the corrective actions achieved through raising Q-alarms.
- Co-operate and communicate actively with the customer fulfilment function to secure the detect, correct and report process is fully utilised to reduce the cost of poor product quality.
- Secure compliance to Rules and SOPs in my area and contribute actively by participating in the iCheck/weCheck process.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position.
- Good insights of the different functions in the store and how they contribute to the Recovery process and how it at its best way contributes to the bottom line
- Ability to optimize revenue through an entrepreneurial mindset
- An understanding of the processes related to quality and sustainability
- Experience in driving a customer focussed culture with a proven record of improving customer satisfaction
- Experience in working through others to deliver on agreed plans, providing clear direction and following up goals.
- Ability to think commercially by balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
- Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
- Proven record of communicating confidently and clearly in English.
- Retail processes, working methods and tools
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply via IKEA smartrecruiters sending your resume in English: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico latest by February 25, 2020.