Core Area Sales Leader (Living Room)
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
Optimise the IKEA shopping experience in all channels in your market for your Core Area of the Home, secure satisfied customers and increase sales.
Use the IKEA business priorities, knowledge of the range and services, trends, your market, how people live, competition and customers to drive and develop sales now and in the future in the PMA and in all media.
Lead and inspire the Core Area team, other functions and the store to achieve maximum sales growth and profitability. I contribute to the business development nationally using your market sales knowledge.
Work with your shopkeepers offering and actively supporting the Sales Function to maximize turnover, volume and profit. I do this by helping secure the mechanical sales system, easy buying process and by highlighting opportunities for growth.
You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the store.
- Take responsibility to develop a strategy and set goals (sales, gross margin, gross profit, and other KPI´s) for your area of the home, aligned with the country strategy for your Core Area of the Home.
- Lead and manage your team to understand our PMA and competition, our consumers and how they live and use this to improve our customers’ shopping experience. Ensure your team uses this knowledge to proactively secure our competitive advantage to be the first choice for home furnishings.
- Ensure your team works with our store and SO to secure that our customer needs are reflected in our range and prices, now and in the future.
- Analyse the performance and customer feedback of your area and use this information to improve the mechanical sales system and easy buying process in our market.
- Communicating the priorities for your area(s) clearly to your team in a way that motivates them to take ownership for the achievement of our agreed goals.
- Maximize the commercial opportunities through the effective use of all media and support the business growth by contributing to the commercial activities focusing on the commercial priorities which will inspire more people from the market to visit us.
- Align all the area actions with our objective of becoming the leader in life at home and growing with sustained long-term profitability.
- Define the future perspective for your home furnishing business so it is considered when we rebuild or create a new commercial focus in your Store.
- Work with the Ecommerce team and local web page to highlight, offers, campaigns and news.
- Recruit your team identifying what skills are needed now and, in the future, to achieve the objectives in your team role. Identify the motivations and capabilities that will compliment your existing team.
- Develop your team and together create their individual plans to reflect their business and personal development needs. Supporting them in achieving these goals.
- Secure the training of your team to ensure they are well informed, commercially focused and can support the selling process in the store and in the multi-channel environment. Ensure product training and services for your home furnishing business.
- Develop your team to ensure their commercial skills continually improve. Understand their business development needs, give them constructive feedback and work with them in order to secure their competence development. Ensure to have an updated succession plan.
- Sales and management skills.
- Have the right attitude and behavior to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Ability to create a high commercial performance.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Range grouping and Sales steering.
- Sales location management/sales space capacity
- Understanding of the local market, how people live and competition.
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating high leadership capabilities.
- Inspire and clarify
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- A considered decision-maker.
- Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
- A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
- A passion for Home Furnishings and Life at Home.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- You get as much out of helping your team achieve and develop as you do of your own achievements..
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply via IKEA smartrecruiters sending your resume in English: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico latest by February 19th, 2020.
IMPORTANT: Please tell us which of the departments you are interested in.