Sales Department Responsible (Various Home Furnishing Businesses)
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
Optimise the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales.
You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the local market, the IKEA product range and services, and IKEA customers.
Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing. This position optimises sales and profitability of the department through following up, conducting analyses and taking actions. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you.
You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the store.
- Take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) and this action plan is implemented in your store. Follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- Ensure the shop is always in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels (online, offline) and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- Ensure you have the right number of competent co-workers in the right place at the right time and securing that they are fully able and available to serve customers and actively help them to buy.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback.
- You monitor the local market, how people live and competition and take appropriate action when necessary which you communicate to your matrix partner in the Service Office.
• You recruit your team by identifying what skills are needed now and, in the future, to achieve the objectives in your team role. Identify the motivations and capabilities that will compliment your existing team.
• You develop your team and its individual members and ensure you have a succession in place.
• To secure the retail foundation and have the ability to coach and support the sales co workers in respect of the functional review.
- The right attitude and behavior to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Ability to create a high commercial performance.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused service industry.
- Experience of setting and implementing long term strategic plans, setting budgets and following up goals.
- Ability to set expectations and provide clear direction.
- Understanding of the local market, how people live and competition.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Develop the business and deliver results.
- Inspire and clarify.
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- A considered decision-maker.
- A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
- A passion for Home Furnishings and Life at Home.
- Business-minded and goal driven.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply via IKEA smartrecruiters sending your resume in English: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico latest by Tuesday 19th, 2020.
IMPORTANT: Please tell us which of the departments you are interested in.