Governance and Compliance Leader
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us and help us create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
- Support the process of implementing the Group Corporate Governance framework within the group to ensure the compliance with all Group obligations.
- Work closely with the Group CCO to implement the Group Corporate Governance framework and monitor Group compliance with this framework.
- Draft Minutes of Board and Committees’ meetings and shareholders meetings and share with CCO for review and finalization.
- Maintain Board papers and records (meeting minutes, presentations, resolutions and agendas) as per the law and ensure their availability when required by authorized personnel.
- Maintain a log of Board resolutions action items directed to management, follow up on the implementation of these and report the status to the Board in each meeting.
- Prepare and Circulate Board minutes of meetings, agendas and Board Packs in coordination of Group CCO.
- Manage all the administrative and logistical requirements of the Board of Directors and shareholders meetings.
- Support the process of implementing the Compliance framework within the group to ensure the compliance with all Group obligations
- Develop a compliance monitoring program to ensure the compliance of all group functions with regulatory and other obligations.
- Work closely with IKEA KSA and Bahrain functions to ensure their compliance with IWAY, I Conduct and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Conduct compliance internal review assessment periodically to ensure the compliance.
- Review relevant documents and processes and conduct required analysis and tests.
- Report on time the non-compliance cases to the CCO, along with root causes, recommendations and supporting documents.
- Coordinate and support any external compliance review.
- Coordinate the communication with regulatory bodies and ensure timely communication and escalation as per regulatory requirements.
- Develop the reports required by Inter IKEA and regulatory bodies.
- Execute and implement the whistleblower program in IKEA KSA and Bahrain, and coordinate with CCO in order to ensure that the program is in place and monitored properly.
- Support the CCO in providing guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to enhance the awareness and business' understanding of related regulatory requirements within the company.
- Support the CCO in implementing the Compliance and corporate governance framework as needed.
- Manage the Group Whistle Blowing policy and coordinate with the CCO to ensure that all complaints are reported, investigated and resolved as per the policy.
- Accomplish any tasks or actions assigned by the CCO related to compliance and Corporate Governance.
- Bachelor or master’s Degree in Business/ Accounting or Finance.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Governance, Compliance, Risk Management or Internal Audit.
- Experience in developing and implementing Corporate Governance framework.
- Experience in Developing and implementing compliance framework.
- Knowledge of Regulatory requirements in KSA is preferred.
- Experience in Developing and implementing policies and processes.
- Experience in dealing with and managing the Board and shareholders affairs is a plus.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Project Management is a must.
- Solid verbal and writing communication skills is a must.
- Solid writing and presentation skills is a must.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Power point and Visio) Skills
Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses
- Certificates in compliance/ Risk Management/ Internal Audit.